It’s the Christmas season, and that means parades, light displays, parties and family in the Grand Lake area.
From the Pensacola Dam to Twin Bridges, you will find something to get you into the holiday spirit throughout the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
And with that, let’s see if we can’t help you out here:
Annual Events and Displays
- Winter Wonderland Christmas Light Tour at Pine Lodge Resort – This popular annual event runs nightly 5:00pm to 10:00pm from Thanksgiving through January 1, 2017. Rumor has it that over 500,000 lights have been hung for this year’s drive-thru display. Don’t miss it! Find Pine Lodge and get more details HERE.
- Twin Bridges Park of Lights – The annual display at Twin Bridges Park between Fairland and Wyandotte takes place from Thanksgiving to Dec 30. With over 40 displays and one of the largest twinkling Christmas lights in the area, it’s no wonder more than 20,000 visitors are expected to pass through the park this holiday season. For more details call (918) 533-3649.
- Christmas on Main Street – The annual Har-Ber Village Museum Christmas on Main Street display is a favorite in the Grove community. Details on special events associated with Christmas on Main Street can be found HERE.
- 2016 Polar Bear Plunge – Arrowhead Yacht Club and South Grand Lakers Helping Children encourage you to be Freezin’ For A Reason at the annual Polar Bear Plunge. This event helps to provide food, clothing and toys to families in need during Christmas – and throughout the year. And bring a toy to help us build a mountain of toys to pass at this Christmas! Saturday December 10th is the day…more details are HERE.
- 2016 Christmas Lights Boat Parade – The annual lighted boat display takes place on Saturday, December 10th, starting at Cherokee Yacht Club in Duck Creek and making it’s way to the Pensacola Dam before returning to Duck Creek. For details, go HERE.
Annual Christmas Parades
- Ketchum Christmas Parade – The annual Ketchum Christmas Parade takes place on Friday night, December 9th. The parade ends at Ketchum High School where an Awards Ceremony takes place with prize money to be awarded plus an appearance by Santa and Mrs. Claus and candy, cookies and hot chocolate! To donate or for more information call (918) 782-7062.
- Grove Chamber Lighted Christmas Parade – ‘Candy Canes and Christmas Carols’ is the theme for the 2016 Grove Chamber of Commerce Lighted Christmas Parade. The parade takes place Saturday, December 10th, starting at 6 pm in Grove.
- Grand Lake Christmas Parade – The annual Grand Lake O’ the Cherokees Christmas Parade across Pensacola Dam takes place on Saturday night, December 10, and will begin appx 5:30 as the boats in the Lighted Christmas Parade will be making their pass along Pensacola Dam.
In addition to all of the above, you will find a full schedule of Christmas and holiday season events at the historic Coleman Theatre in Miami. Visit their website HERE for information and details on all of their events.
Keep in mind that all of the other communities around Grand Lake will be having parades and holiday celebrations but those listed above are the most popular and continue to bring the most people to the Grand Lake area.