If you’ve been waiting for a busy weekend to get your 2015 Grand Lake fun kick-started – well, here you go.
There is a bunch going on around the Grand Lake area this weekend with a little something for everyone.
Remember, you can always check out the latest on upcoming events at Grand Lake at the Events Tab on the menu above, and on the busy weekends we’ll try to give you a heads up – like this post right here – so you can make the plans you need to for a busy Grand Lake weekend.
So…here’s what’s going on This Weekend at Grand Lake:
- 1st Annual Nautical Flea Market at Harbors View Marina – It’s just what it sounds like…a nautical themed flea market at Harbors View Marina on Saturday the 18th from 10 am to 2 pm. You will find all sorts of cool nautical themed decor, water toys, boating accessories and all sorts of stuff you need (and don’t need!) for lake living…
- PAAS Grand Opening in Vinita – Saturday the 18th marks the Grand Opening of Peaceful Animal Adoption Shelter in Vinita. This has been a long time coming for the South Grand Lake region…and thanks to a very generous community and great fund raising efforts, this dream becomes a reality this weekend…
- Ales & Tails Crawfish Festival in Vinita – It’s a big day in Vinita…first the PAAS Grand Opening and then this awesome party that features Oklahoma’s own Jason Boland & The Stragglers playing their brand of red-dirt rock and roll. This party is being put on by Vinita Rotary with all proceeds benefiting their scholarship program. A great time and a good cause. Sweet!
- Spring Fling Rock Crawlers – The Spring Fling event includes Jeepers Anonymous having a novice run which is designed to show the first-timers to the rocks below Disney around this unique Grand Lake playground…
- Fishing Tournaments – The Rayovac FLW Series and Joe Bass Team Trail are this weekends big bass tournaments…
- Lickitty Split at Grand Lake Casino – This would probably classify as the after-party from the Ales & Tails Crawfish Festival. Or if you ask the Lickitty Split guys, I’m sure they would say that Jason Boland is the opening act for them!
In addition to all of this, there is a 5K & Strongman Competition in Wyandotte on Saturday. Plus another 5k in Jay. Plus weekend fun at Har-Ber Village.
And in Grove things kick-off with a Business After Hours on Thursday and then Friday and Saturday evening performances at Playmakers of two one-act plays by Ellen Byron “Graceland” and “Asleep on the Wind”.
And I’m sure there is stuff that we are missing, so as things comes up we’ll add it here so you can be sure to find what you are looking for this weekend.
Even with all that…it’s still just fine to spend your time at Grand Lake relaxing and doing whatever makes you happy…boating, fishing, reading, sleeping…it’s all Grand Lake Living!