The Grand Lake Extravaganza, sponsored by the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, is in it’s 4th week, with over 60 prize winning tagged bass already having been caught.
But here’s the good news…that means there are still over 400 prize winning bass swimming around in Grand Lake just waiting to make you a winner!
According to Tad Jones, Executive Director of the Grand Lake Association, “Monday morning the last few weeks have been extremely busy as people who have caught tagged bass over the weekend will call in the first thing Monday to see what they’ve won.”
And, there are likely to be a many, many more winners by this coming Monday morning as the 2014 National Bass Anglers Association National Championship has brought hundreds of anglers to Grand Lake from all over the country for their Spring Classic running from April 22nd through the 26th out of Wolf Creek Park in Grove.
A few people have caught multiple winners, proving the age old saying that it ‘pays to go fishing’.
Some of the latest winners include:
- Curtis Warren who won a Patricia Island Golf and Gaming package worth $250
- Thomas Canady has now caught 3-tagged bass – wait, WHAT? – with prizes from Indigo Sky and Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
- Elven Mitchell won $100 from the Grand Lake Radio Network, $50 from Midwest Loans and $100 from Edward Jones Investments, Nathan Horn and Mike Vaughn
- Brian Hensley and Larry Salwson each won a Jason Christie Falcon Rod
- Shain Scott, Joe Childers and Terry Gordon all won gift certificates from Arrowhead Boat Sales
- Gary Boyles won $50 free play from Indigo Sky Casino
- Ronnie Hardin won a Bassmaster Classic Banner
- Jon Webb and JJ Hutton won a Stay and Play Package from Indigo Sky Casino
- Jason Myers caught three fish with a 1-year subscription to the Grove Sun and a package from Rhinestone Reels
- Gene Childers won a $50 gift certificate from the Rib Crib in Grove
- Will Sampson won a night’s stay at the Outrigger Motel in Grove
- Penny Steffen won a $50 Mary Kay gift certificate.
There are still hundreds of tagged bass left and a chance for $100,000 courtesy of Indigo Sky Casino is still available.
To register for the Extravaganza or to get more information, visit www.grandalkeextravaganza.com.