The 2016 Big Meat Run is just around the corner (March 18-19) and that means the off-road season is kicking off at Grand Lake.
The off-road scene below Pensacola Dam in Disney has grown by leaps and bounds over the past few years, with a regular schedule of organized events that bring thousands of people to the South Grand Lake area.
Here is – as best as I can tell – a schedule of events for 2016.
Remember though that there really isn’t an organized host – these are just groups that put together organized runs in the rock garden and the hills below Grand Lake.
Here is that schedule:
- March 18-19 – John Sumner’s Big Meat Run
- April 15-16 – Spring Fling Fun Run
- June 18 – Survivor’s Cancer Crawl
- July 2-4 – Crawl For Christ
- August 6 – Back to School Bash
- September 17 – Wheelin for the Wounded
- October 8 – Off-Road Toy Run and Food Drive
- October 22 – Rocktoberfest
- November 12 – Fall Crawl
You can always keep track as these things get added to the Grand Lake Events page on this website.
Be safe and have fun and thanks for coming to Grand Lake!