Grand Lake Real Estate takes on all shapes and sizes…from the custom waterfront homes in the Coves to quaint lakefront neighborhoods in Grove to the original homes along the Langley Bluff where workers and engineers of the Pensacola Dam lived during construction.
I heard several years ago, after we first moved to the lake, that the average Grand Lake lake home transfers every 5 years. So, if that dream home you see doesn’t look like it’s going to come for sale anytime soon…just chill a bit, it likely will. But, you need to be prepared when it does, because it’s likely somebody else has their eye on that place as well.
Any answers to your real estate needs really depend on your desires. People need to remember either why they are living at Grand Lake Oklahoma, or more precisely, why they want to have a house at Grand Lake.
Grand Lake Real Estate questions you need to ask and answer:
- Are you looking for a private setting, or do you want to that busy waterfront?
- Is it important to be close to the grocery store for those last minute needs?
- Have young kids? There are several school districts to consider. Do you want them riding busses, or do you want to be able to conveniently take and pick up from school?
- How close do you need to be to medical services?
- Is fishing from your property important to you?
- Do you want your own waterfront, which comes with an abundance of year round work and upkeep? Or would you rather be in a “community” with shared lakefront so you don’t need to worry about upkeep?
- How close do you want to be to entertainment?
- What about security…do you want the security of a gated development, or the freedom of an unplatted tract or an area that does not have a burdensome HOA?
- Those sunrise and sunset views are awesome…is that important to you? But remember…a west facing deck can be hot, hot, hot on a July afternoon.
Don’t let anybody else tell you what you want out of your lake home. Living at Grand Lake is a lifestyle choice for you and your family, and you need to keenly understand your real estate wants and needs BEFORE you talk to an area real estate professional. It’s up to you to keep your Grand Lake real estate dreams alive!