As we are into the 2nd week of December, the 2013 Christmas season is in full swing at Oklahoma’s Grand Lake.
Below is an updated (and probably partial) list of parades and celebrations going on in the Grand Lake area. Some parades and events were moved back a week because of the recent snows, so this is current, as of Monday, December 9th:
- Thursday, December 12th – Vinita Chamber of Commerce Annual Christmas Parade of Lights.
- Friday, December 13th – Ketchum Christmas Parade – The Town of Ketchum will host their annual Christmas Parade to benefit the Grand Lake Community Ministry annual food drive.
- Saturday, December 14th – Polar Bear Plunge at Arrowhead Yacht Club – Festivities begin at 11 am with the JUMP at 1 pm.
- Saturday, December 14th – One Grand Christmas in Grove – Includes a holiday gift bazaar, 5k run, cash giveaways, horse drawn carriage rides, pictures with Santa and concludes at 6 pm with the Grove Annual Lighted Christmas Parade.
- Saturday, December 14th – The 24th Annual Christmas Light Boat Parade on South Grand Lake – This annual event of boats that are ‘all lit up’ takes off from Cherokee Yacht Club and travels South to the Pensacola Dam to synchronize with the Grand Lake O’ the Cherokee Christmas Parade across Pensacola Dam before heading back to Duck Creek.
- Saturday, December 14th – Grand Lake O’ the Cherokee Christmas Parade – The annual land parade across Pensacola Dam that is part of a larger celebration that includes the Christmas Boat Parade on Grand Lake.
- Saturday, December 21st – Humane Society of Grove and Grand Lake Christmas Breakfast and Dessert Auction takes place at the Grove Community Center from 7:30 am to 10:30 am. This is the perfect place to get your Christmas dinner desserts so you don’t have to cook – all while supporting the Humane Society.
There are also several ongoing light displays and events in the Grand Lake area:
- Weekends through December 21st – Christmas on Main Street at Har-Ber Village in Grove.
- Twin Bridges Park of Lights – Ongoing through December 30th, the park is lit up with over 40 light displays for your drive-thru enjoyment.
- Winter Wonderland Christmas Tour at Pine Lodge Resort – Ongoing through December 31st, this annual display features over 400,000 lights plus old-fashioned Christmas displays.
We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and all the best for a prosperous 2014.