The first few months of the year are boat show season, and that means you can get a little lake time siesta in the middle of Winter’s cold.
Naturally, for those of us who call Grand Lake home, the biggie is the Tulsa Boat Show followed closely by the Grand Lake Boat Show.
The 2015 Tulsa Boat Show takes place February 2nd thru the 8th at River Spirit Expo at Expo Square – 4145 East 21st Street, Tulsa, OK 74114.
This show is often referred to by other vendors as the Grand Lake Boat Show based on the number of Grand Lake businesses in attendance.
So if you need or want a Grand Lake fix, the Tulsa Boat Show is the place for you.
To get tickets or learn more, visit the Tulsa Boat Show website at http://tulsaboatshow.com.
A little later on, March 6th, 7th & 8th, is the Grand Lake O’ the Cherokee Boat & Sport Show at the Grove Civic Center (1720 S. Main St., Grove OK 74344) in Grove.
This truly is Grand Lake’s boat show, featuring almost exclusively boat dealers and companies that call the Grand Lake area home.
For our Grand Lake friends in Oklahoma City, you’ve actually got a couple of different boat show options…not real sure why – politics, I’m sure. Anyway, if you are in OKC, here are your choices:
– The OKC RV & Boat Show takes place January 16th-18th at the Cox Convention Center in Downtown OKC.
-The OKC Boat Show takes place January 23rd-25th at State Fair Park in OKC.
So there you go…two boat shows in OKC…hey, why not go to both!
But, many of you live in other places…Wichita, Dallas, Kansas City and beyond.
So, here is a list of some of the other big boat shows in the region, where you can get out, do a little shopping – boats, fishing gear, places to stay, new lake toys – and dream of the warm days of summer that will be here before you know it.
- Kansas City Boat & Sportshow takes place January 22nd-25th at Bartle Hall (301 W. 13th Street, Kansas City, MO 64015) in beautiful Downtown Kansas City. This is Kansas City’s biggest ‘outdoors’ marketplace of the year and features most of the biggest and best boat dealers in Mid-America.
- The Wichita Sport Show replaces the Kansas Boat, Sport & Travel Show this year, but promises all the fun and same great deals you’ll find at any boat show. The Wichita Sport Show takes place Thursday January 29th thru Sunday February 1st at Kansas Pavilions, which is the old Kansas Coliseum at I-135 & 85th Street North in Park City.
- For our Texas friends, the DFW Boat Expo takes place January 31st – February 8th at Dallas Market Hall (2200 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75207). The story goes that everything is bigger in Texas, so I’m sure this is a great boat show option for friends of Grand Lake in North Texas.
- Closer to home, the Lake Life Expo happens February 6th – 8th at the Springfield Expo Center (635 E. St. Louis St., Springfield, MO 65806) in Springfield, Missouri. This is billed as the ‘premiere lake lifestyle event in Missouri’ and is the perfect place to find everything you need for YOUR lake lifestyle.
That should help most of you find the most convenient boat show for your winter lake fix.
And, for some, maybe it just won’t feel like boating unless you’ve got blue water and warm air on your skin.
If that’s the case, you can head to South Florida for the Miami International Boat Show that takes place February 12th – 16th.
The Miami boat show has become a February get-away for many Grand Lakers…so you’re sure to find a familiar face.
Wherever you choose to do your boat shopping or lake browsing this winter – just remember…another Grand Lake summer is just around the corner!