There is some big water out there right now.
But according to local guide Tony Coatney…don’t let that stop you from chasing the fish.
Because you can still catch ’em out there.
Just got to be a little more strategic and be careful if you are out on the water.
Anyway, here is the latest fishing report, courtesy of Tony:
Hello Grand Lakers!
Well, the first holiday weekend of 2015 is over. It was here and gone just like that. It was a good weekend but not a great one…rain off and on all weekend.
But a lot of people where here on the lake even though a lot of people stayed home.
A lot of the other lakes were all flooded and a lot of tournaments have been canceled on other lakes and moved to Grand, but now our lake is getting flooded so we will see what happens with the upcoming tournaments.
Everyone needs to stay safe and be careful if you are out on the water – there is a lot of debris and trees floating in the water.
So, on to watch you really care about…the fishing!
- Large mouth doing good – try the willow trees, flipping a beaver or [easyazon_link identifier=”B008SQWH4K” locale=”US” tag=”myfamanc-20″]biffle bug[/easyazon_link] works best for me
- White bass are doing really good in Elk and Horse Creek, spoons silver rainbow minnow and rattle traps
- Crappie starting to bite again in brush piles
- Catfish has been really good…shallow water in the grass
- Spoonbill jumping every where.
And, Father’s Day is just around the corner. Buy Dad a gift certificate for a guided trip with me!
Until next time….Good Luck Fishing from Tony Coatney!