It’s that time of the year again, and that means parades, light displays, parties and family fun throughout the Grand Lake area as we approach Christmas 2017.
From the Pensacola Dam to Twin Bridges, you are sure to find all sorts of things that will get you in the holiday spirit..
And with that, let’s see if we can’t help you out here:
ANNUAL EVENTS AND DISPLAYS
- Winter Wonderland Christmas Light Tour at Pine Lodge Resort – This popular annual event runs nightly 5:00pm to 10:00pm from Thanksgiving through January 1, 2018. With over 500,000 lights, this is a free, drive-thru display that you don’t want to miss! Find Pine Lodge and get more details HERE.
- Twin Bridges Park of Lights – The annual display at Twin Bridges Park between Fairland and Wyandotte takes place from Thanksgiving to Dec 30, 2017. With over 40 displays and one of the largest twinkling Christmas lights in the area, it’s no wonder more than 50,000 visitors are expected to pass through the park this holiday season. Go HERE for details and directions.
- 2017 Polar Bear Plunge – Arrowhead Yacht Club and South Grand Lakers Helping Children encourage you to be Freezin’ For A Reason at the annual Polar Bear Plunge on Saturday, December 9th. This event helps to provide food, clothing and toys to families in need during Christmas – and throughout the year. And bring a toy to help us build a mountain of toys to pass at this Christmas! Check out the event on Facebook for this annual tradition HERE.
- 2017 Christmas Lights Boat Parade – The annual lighted boat display takes place on Saturday, December 9th, starting at Cherokee Yacht Club in Duck Creek and making it’s way to the Pensacola Dam before returning to Duck Creek. For details, go HERE.
- 2017 Grove Gingerbread Christmas Festival – Celebrate the Christmas season in Grove on Saturday, December 9th with a full day of great, family fun activities. It all starts with the Jingle Bell 5K run in the morning, then food trucks and fun on the community lawn throughout the day, and culminates in the Grove Christmas Parade at 6 pm that night. For all the current details visit the event page on Facebook HERE.
ANNUAL CHRISTMAS PARADES
- Ketchum Christmas Parade – The annual Ketchum Christmas Parade takes place on Friday night, December 8th, 2017. The parade ends at Ketchum High School where an Awards Ceremony takes place with prize money to be awarded plus an appearance by Santa and Mrs. Claus and candy, cookies and hot chocolate!
- Grove Chamber Lighted Christmas Parade – As noted above, the Grove Gingerbread Christmas Festival wraps up with the 2016 Grove Chamber of Commerce Lighted Christmas Parade. The parade takes place Saturday, December 9th, starting at 6 pm in Grove.
- Grand Lake Christmas Land Parade – The annual Grand Lake O’ the Cherokees Christmas Land Parade across Pensacola Dam takes place on Saturday night, December 9th. Parade line up will start at the City Park in Langley at the corner of Hwy 82 & Cherokee (Main St.) and the parade will cross the dam and end at the Disney Assembly of God Church. If you would like to enter please call Langley City Hall 918-782-9850. There is also a Facebook event with more information HERE.
In addition to all of the above, you will find a full schedule of Christmas and holiday season events at the historic Coleman Theatre in Miami. Visit their website HERE for information and details on all of their events.
Keep in mind that all of the other communities around Grand Lake will be having parades and holiday celebrations but those listed above are the most popular and continue to bring the most people to the Grand Lake area.
Other events that come up will be added to the Events page on this website, where you can stay updated on all the things going on around Grand Lake throughout the year.
You will find that right HERE.