Spring is springing all over the place around Grand Lake…mowers are fired up, daffodils are in full bloom, bass boats are buzzing on the weekends and the mornings are getting warmer. Sweet!
And while the lake temperature is warming up…it’s still pretty darn chilly…it’s not necessarily time for those all day raft-outs of summer.
But that doesn’t mean there is nothing to do around the lake this April…with all sorts of good stuff happening plus some other things thrown in for you to think about.
Check it out –
- Run across Pensacola Dam – No really, it’s a thing. Like an organized thing. As in the Grand Dam Run 5k coming up on Saturday, April 4th. Click here for more details on this annual event that attracts runners from all over the region.
- Hangout with some Bootleggers – Yes, you can do that…in a make believe sort of way. The South Grand Lake Chamber hosts their annual fundraiser –The Bootlegger’s Ball – at Cherokee Yacht Club on April 11th. Fun times and open to everyone.
- Get Your Red-Dirt On! – That’s right…some bona-fide Okie style rock and roll courtesy of Jason Boland and the Stragglers takes place in Vinita at the Ales & Tails Crawfish Festival on April 18th. This will be a great party! No need to nail your feet to the ground…just come on out and have a big ol’ time…
- Stock up on Crappie – It’s April, and that means it’s time to stock up that freezer with Grand Lake’s home grown protein…some delicious crappie. You’ll find them near the banks and shallow under docks as the water warms up and they begin their spawn. As always, check out the latest fishing report for more info…
- While you are at it…don’t miss the annual Spring Crappie Tournament at Indian Hills Marina on Saturday, April 11. Always a good time…
- Catch a Tagged Bass For $$$$$ – You like bass fishing? You like cash? Well, combine them when you enter the 2015 Grand Lake Extravaganza and hook on one of the 500 tagged bass that have been released into the lake. Warning…you must be registered (it’s only $20!) BEFORE you catch a tagged fish! Learn more HERE.
- Are you ready to make the move? – Spring is the traditional home buying season around Grand Lake. Just sayin’. Nothing wrong with looking anyway, am I right? If you are going to take the plunge and buy some Grand Lake real estate, make sure it’s what is right for you and your Grand Lake Livin’ lifestyle. And hey…if you buy now, you are closed, moved in and all-stocked up for summer fun!
- Get your boat ready for summer – Alright…this one kind of depends on where you are on the Grand Lake boating spectrum. If your ride has been winterized, get it de-winterized and detailed so it’s clean and runnin’ mean. If you are a year round boater…just do a little spring cleaning and make sure she’s ready for the summer months. And if you don’t have a boat….HELLO – make friends, buy a used one or visit with a Grand Lake boat dealer.
- Take inventory for summer – You got plenty of [easyazon_link identifier=”B000NV7QEE” locale=”US” tag=”myfamanc-20″]life jackets[/easyazon_link] for the kids? What about a stockpile of [easyazon_link identifier=”B00B81XR1Y” locale=”US” tag=”myfamanc-20″]sunscreen[/easyazon_link]? Is your dock in good shape or does it need some love and new accessories? And what about the [easyazon_link identifier=”B000FPZSZW” locale=”US” tag=”myfamanc-20″]water toys[/easyazon_link]…make sure you are ready for those warm summer days on the lake!
- Spring Cleaning – I kind of hate to even add this one…but we all knwo we should do it. Key word there is ‘should’. Whether it’s your house at Grand Lake or your boat or your home wherever you might live…go ahead and take a day and do some spring cleaning. You’ll never know what you might find behind that sofa or washing machine!
As we roll through April here in the Grand Lake area make sure to keep an eye on the sky as you get ready for yet another fun filled summer at Oklahoma’s Grand Lake!