Summer 2014 is off to a great start around Grand Lake, and as everyone amps up to the big July 4th holiday weekend don’t forget all the different things going on around the lake through the Month of June.
This isn’t by any means a comprehensive list, but it will get you started and remind you that there is always something going on around Grand Lake in the summertime…
Weekend of June 7th & 8th:
- 35th Annual Calf Fry Festival and Cookoff in Vinita. You’d be nuts to miss this great event with delicious, fried…stuff.
- 21st Annual Grand Lake Mahogany and Chrome Classic Boat Festival at Arrowhead Yacht Club
- Rush For Brush workshop presented by GRDA at the GRDA Ecosystems & Education Center in Langley
- Grand Lake Fireworks presents the 2nd Annual Sunset Dam 5K Run & Walk across the Pensacola Dam. Note that the dam will be closed from 6 pm until about 7:15 pm on Saturday night.
- 10th Annual Home of Hope Admirals Banquet takes place at Cherokee Yacht Club
And that’s just the first weekend of June! There is so much more throughout the month…
The weekend of June 14th includes:
- Brad Smith Memorial Poker Run at Ugly John’s. This is a can’t miss event that will be bringing in high performance boats from throughout the country to support a great cause.
- Grand Lake SpringFest & Food Truck Rally in Grove. All day event featuring antiques, arts, crafts, farmers market and, yes…FOOD TRUCKS IN GROVE!
- Cherokee Heritage Day at Har-Ber Village Museum
Holy smokes. That’s just the next couple of weeks. I can’t even get past that at this point.
And, of course, you can still go fishing, boating, skiing, wake boarding, stand up paddleboarding, golfing, eat at a lakefront restaurant, check out some great live music, find antiques, or go to a museum.
Sounds like there aren’t enough hours in the day.
That’s why it’s so important to call Grand Lake home…so you can relax and do the things that make Grand Lake really special like enjoy peaceful mornings on the deck or sunset cruises in the evening when nobody else is around.
Now THAT, is Grand Lake Living…