Well, if your anything like me, you’ve waited patiently until the last minute to get your Christmas shopping done. Isn’t that the way everybody does it?
And now your wondering what to get the Grand Lake lover in your life. Luckily, even with the impending doom of ice storms and cold weather, there are plenty of options.
Here are just a few ideas to get you started on your shopping adventure:
- Got somebody who you know is going to be fishing on Grand Lake sometime between April 1st & May 18th? Then there can be no better gift than a Commemorative Key Chain Badge that will give them a chance to win $250,000 in the Grand Lake Extravaganza. It’s only $20! If your in the Grand Lake area you can pick one up at a few area stores, including the Grand Lake Visitors Center and Grand Lake Sports Center in Grove, Littlefield’s Bait & Tackle in Grove and Monkey Island, and Ketch-Um Baith & Tackle just North of Ketchum on Hwy 82. You can also purchase online, though you probably won’t have the badge by Christmas…but that’s OK, as long as they know it’s coming, right?
- Speaking of fishing, how about a gift certificate for one of the great fishing guides on Grand Lake. From day trips for bass, crappie or catfish to thrilling trips for monster spoonbill or a night bow fishing trip, the gift of a great day fishing will be remembered forever.
- For those that just enjoy chillin’ on their deck or patio at their Grand Lake home, how about a bird feeder or wind chime from a Grand Lake area merchant…or anything from a Grand Lake merchant – shirts, novelties, gift certificates…
- The gift of food always fits! And a gift certificate purchased from a Grand Lake restaurant now will taste great any time of year.
- How about the gift of a getaway? Sounds good to me. So many different resorts at Grand Lake that offer everything from a romantic evening for 2 to an action packed weekend for the family. Again…a gift certificate from an area resort fits all year round!
- Do you know somebody who keeps talking about those mats they see in the water all summer? Boom goes the dynamite! Get them a mat from a business that was created by Grand Lakers…floatingmats.com. Once again, you won’t have a big package to wrap and put under the tree, but they will be excited to know it’s coming.
Those are just a few ideas…nothing earth shattering.
But all of us that call Grand Lake home really appreciate the love and support of Grand Lake businesses throughout the year.
Sure, it’s easier to order something from Amazon and have it shipped in time for Christmas, but shopping in person or online or over the phone with a Grand Lake marina or merchant to purchase that wakeboard, or fishing pole or boat accessory or – whatever it is – keeps that money circulating in the Grand Lake economy so the businesses that everyone takes for granted during the busy summer months can keep on keeping on through the cold months as well.
If you’ve got any other great ideas for last minute gifts for a Grand Lake lover, add them into the comments below.