You know it’s really boating season when all of the waterfront bars and restaurants open for the season, and that is what is going down this weekend, the real 2018 opening weekend at Grand Lake.
And it all starts on Friday…with stuff going on all over Grand Lake, from Ketchum Cove to Grove.
Here are the highlights of Grand Lake events this weekend:
- Food Truck Friday in Downtown Grove – Food trucks, live music and fun for everyone as this popular event returns for 2018.
- First Friday Wine Share at Quarterdeck Cafe at Tera Miranda Shores – The Quarterdeck Cafe celebrates the opening of their 2018 season by hosting the Frist Friday Wine Share on Friday night from 6 pm to 7:30. This is open to all – just bring a bottle of your favorite wine, a glass and maybe even an appetizer and enjoy some good wine with great friends.
- Art in the Garden at Lendonwood Gardens on Saturday from 9 am to 3 pm. It will be a beautiful day in Grove for the annual Art in the Garden event.
- Cedar Port Marina Scavenger Hunt – the annual Cedar Port Marina Scavenger Hunt starts at 11 am on Saturday at Cedar Port. Stop in, get your list of items to go find, and turn them in by 8 pm at Sharky’s at Hammerhead Marina to win great prizes. All proceeds benefit the Ketchum BackPack program.
- Demo Day at Shangri-La Golf Club with golf equipment manufacturers from 9:00-1:00 at the Golf Shop (Titleist, Ping, and Callaway).
- In-water Boat Show at Nichols Marine at Shangri-La Marina – Friday through Sunday. Come check out the latest offerings form Chris-Craft, Chaparral, Robalo, MasterCraft, and Bennington.
On top of all those great happenings, there are all sorts of openings happening to kick-off the Grand Lake boating season.
But before we get to the openings…don’t forget about the great waterfront bars and restaurants that serve us Grand Lakers year round, like:
- Mooney’s Sunset Bar and Grill – featuring the great Don While on Saturday night, May 5th.
- Morrow’s Bar and Grill – Open at 5 on Fridays and 11 on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Juan Montez at Red Arrow
- Waterway Cafe at Harbors View Marina
- The Parrot Steakhouse and Grill in Grove
- Arrowhead and Cherokee Yacht Clubs – providing great service year round to the Grand Lake area.
- Doc’s Bar and Grill at Shangri-La, in the Shangri-La resort hotel.
And here are the great places opening for the season this weekend:
- Eddy’s Lakeside Bar at Shangri-La Marina opens for the season on Friday at 11 am. Eddy’s will be open from 11 am to midnight on Fridays and Saturday and 11 am to 6 pm on Sundays.
- Quarterdeck Cafe at Tera Miranda Shores – Opens for the season on Saturday. Throughout the boating season, the Quarterdeck will open at 4 pm on Thursdays, 11 am on Fridays and 8 am on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Ugly’s Grill and Bar at Thunder Bay Marina opens for the season with new management that brings a ton of restaurant and hospitality experience and a new menu on Friday, May 4th.
- Sharky’s at Hammerhead Marina starts the summer season with a weekend FULL of Rock n’ Roll. Friday, May 4th will feature music from Str8ght Shot, they were voted Sharky’s #1 Band, and then on Saturday Night, May 5th, live music from RPM!
It is going to be a beautiful weekend at Grand Lake…come on out and see us. We are Open!