We are getting closer and closer summertime at Grand Lake – 2015 Style!
But we are still in April so it’s not quite time to jump in the lake for most of us.
The weather folks do seem to be cooperating just a little bit as we move into the last weekend of April.
Yep…80’s are forecast for Saturday, upper 70’s for Sunday and after some storm chances on Friday then it’s dry until maybe late on Sunday again.
If we could just get them to pitch those dry weekends every time, we’d be in business.
Anyway…another Grand Lake weekend means another weekend with a bunch of stuff going on.
And good news – if you thought you missed the 1st Annual Nautical Flea Market last weekend – well, you didn’t. Thanks to the rain! Imagine that.
That’s been rescheduled for SUNDAY, still at Harbor’s View, so make sure you bring your wallet as you head to Grand Lake this weekend (go ahead and bring it every weekend, us locals don’t mind!).
So, what’s up this weekend at Grand Lake? Here you go:
- Fresh on the heels of the Rayovac FLW Tour that was here last weekend (and one by Oklahoma’s own Bradley Hallman!) comes The Bass Federation National Championship to Grand Lake with over $200,000 in cash and prizes up for grabs. WOW! Weigh in for Friday and Saturday is at Wolf Creek Park in Grove, then Sunday it moves to the John Q. Hammons Center over in Rogers, Ark. Head over to Wolf Creek Park and check out these fishing pros…
- Speaking of fishing…are you ready to build some fish habitat. The wildly popular Rush For Brush returns to Wolf Creek Park on Saturday, sponsored by GRDA, where you can build a fish habitat that you can then take home and put in your favorite fishing spot. Over the years there have been thousands of these structures made and put in both Grand and Hudson lakes. But, you must pre-register. More details on the Rush For Brush can be found HERE.
- Civil War Days come to Har-Ber Village Musuem – Man they do a great job with era specific events at Har-Ber Village and if you haven’t been there you really need to check it out. The Civil War Days takes place this Friday the 24th (geared towards school groups) and Saturday the 25th. Learn more HERE.
- Pickles Pub in Langley will be rocking with Bill Snow on Friday night and then Grand Lake favorite Lickitty Split on Saturday night. Just so you know…Lickitty Split has sold out the last 6 times they played at Pickles, so you might want to get there early. Just sayin’…
- Then on Sunday, the 1st Annual Nautical Flea Market at Harbor’s View Marina. The weather should be beautiful this time, so make plans to check it out.
Make sure to check out the Events Page for more stuff, including a couple more fishing tournaments going out of Monkey Island this weekend.
Also, the Saturday Morning Market at The Artichoke is easing back into it’s season, and apparently there were signs of spring their last weekend with some radishes, spring vegetables, green onions and even some strawberry plants for sale.
Word on the street is that there are a bunch of big garage sales…multi-family sales and the like. If you are in to garage sailing…just look for the signs all around. I bet there will be hundreds.
And, of course…it’s always a great time to get on the water and enjoy Grand Lake. Most of the waterfront restaurants should be opened back up – at least with weekend hours – and it should be a great weekend for fishing, floating and relaxing.
After all…you’re at Grand Lake!