Can you already hear all that ruckus coming from below Pensacola Dam in Disney?
There is the unmistakable low rumble of engines filling the air at South Grand Lake.
And, no…it’s not boats!
Seriously…the campgrounds around Disney and Langley are all FULL, and if there were any actual hotels at South Grand Lake – well, they would be full this weekend as well.
But, it’s not just busy happenings at South Grand Lake…there is plenty to keep you busy all over the lake this weekend.
Check it out:
- Grand Lake Salutes John Sumner – This event takes place Friday afternoon (hope you are reading this early) and is a salute and a Grand Lake THANK YOU to John & Edie Sumner for keeping the BMR at Grand Lake all these years. There have been offers to move this party…but they keep coming back. Anyway, Friday at 3 pm at the GRDA Eco-Systems Building in Langley will be the hour long event.
- BMR 2015 is a multiple day, rock crawling festival for off-road enthusiasts that returns to Disney and the rocks and hills below Pensacola Dam for the 15th time. Saturday is the day for the scheduled runs…here is the schedule as we’ve seen it (but it’s mostly just unscheduled fun and shenanigans!):
- Friday, 6:00 PM BMR Officially starts
- Saturday, 12:00 PM Run on Nasty Girl Hill (The old Bounty Hill)
- Saturday, 3:00 PM Run on Viagra Hill
- Spring Fling Open House in Grove -The Grove Area Merchants Association is hosting a community wide Open House this Friday and Saturday, March 27th & 28th. New spring/summer fashions, jewelry, children’s boutique, food samples, home decor and more are all available at participating merchants throughout Grove.
- Don White on Friday night and Lickitty Split on Saturday night at Pickles in Langley. Not much more to say about that!
- Lendonwood Gardens ‘Wake Up the Garden’ – Lendonwood Gardens is hosting a ‘Wake Up the Garden’ volunteer work day on Saturday the 28th at the Gardens at 1308 Harbor Rd. in Grove. Call (918) 786-2938 for more info.
- Ukrainian Egg Dyeing at Har-Ber Village – Both Saturday and Sunday, the 28th & 29th, you can try your hand at Ukrainian hand-decorated egg dying at Har-Ber Village. This is a scheduled workshop happening from 1 pm to 4 pm each day. Check it out at www.har-bervillage.com or call (918) 786-6446.
- Paws for a Cause 5k & One Mile Fun Run – You can work off your weekend fun and get a good run in at the Paws for a Cause 5k on Sunday afternoon, March 29th, in Grove. Registration begins at 1:30 pm at Grand Savings Bank (1022 S. Main) with the Fun Run at 2:30 and the 5k at 3 pm.
That all should keep you pretty busy this weekend.
Of course, if it is the weekend, then there are fishing tournaments. This weekend welcomes Hog Hunters, Anglers for Christ and Joe Bass Team Trails to Grand Lake.
Or, you could just go fishing yourself. The crappie are wanting to start moving to the shallows and the white bass are up the rivers. Go get em!
Whatever you do this weekend…have fun and be safe. You’re at Grand Lake!