You can take a leisurely walk along shaded grassy paths throughout the gardens that lead you around and through over 1,200 different species of plants and an ever changing display of colors and textures.
The Gardens include 25 varieties of dogwoods, 75 varieties of Japanese maples, 125 varieties of hostas, 200 varieties of conifers, and 25 varieties of viburnums. With more than 500 varieties of daylilies, Lendonwood has been designated a display garden for the American Hemerocallis (daylily) Society.
Lendonwood Gardens features six distinct gardens, each with a theme and atmosphere all its own.
- The Display Garden near the entrance;
- The Oriental Garden featuring shade plants;
- The Japanese Pavilion Garden with Koi Pond;
- The English Terrace Garden highlighting sunny beds and rhododendrons;
- The American Backyard Garden, where plants thrive without much water;
- The Angel of Hope Garden, surrounding a statue of an angel, in memory of lost loved ones, especially children;
- The Azalea Garden, which in April is abloom with colors ranging from pink to lavender to red to white.
Lendonwood Gardens is a can’t miss Grand Lake attraction and is open year-round during daylight hours. Maps and information for self-guided tours are available inside the entrance at the gatehouse.
There is a suggested donation of $5 per adult. Children under 12 are free.
Guided tours are available. Groups wishing to schedule a tour should call 918-786-2938 for more information.Lendonwood Gardens 1308 West 13th Street Grove, OK 74345 (918) 786-2938 [email protected] http://lendonwood.com