Peak storm season in Oklahoma runs from March to June. Storm season can produce an increase in property damages caused from wind, lightning, hail, heavy rain, floods, and tornadoes. And, we all remember the devastation from just a couple of years ago.
Now is the time to look at your Grand Lake home insurance coverage and ask yourself:
- Does my home insurance cover replacement cost?
- What is my wind/hail deductible?
- Do I have my home adequately insured?
- What types of disasters are covered by my home insurance?
Here are a few insurance facts which you may not know…
- Coverage for flood must be purchased in a separate policy.
- Earthquake insurance can be added to certain policies.
- The average cost of home insurance in Oklahoma has more than doubled over the last 10 years due to increased storm intensity and frequency.
- Not all home policies are created equal…there are several different types of home insurance policies. Know Your Coverage!
If your Grand Lake area home is damaged, you need to immediately do 3 things.
- Take photos of the damage to forward to your insurance agent.
- Make any necessary repairs to prevent further damage to your home.
- Call your insurance agent to report your damage.
At Webb Insurance Agency in Grove, we offer home, farm and auto insurance from some of the top rated carriers, including Safeco, Travelers, MetLife, FarmAssure, America’s First, Hartford & NorthStar.
This gives us the ability to shop for you and find the absolute best insurance coverage for your specific needs.
So make sure you are prepared for those Oklahoma storms that will soon be blowing through the Grand Lake area. Stop by our Grove office at 909 South Main St. today or call Randy at 918-786-8787.