The core mission of the American Red Cross is to provide compassionate care to those in need, and we are able to do that close to home by maintaining our offices in the Grand Lake area.
Through a combination of generous donors, volunteers and employees that share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering locally, nationally and around the world, the Red Cross is able to deliver on it’s mission daily in so many ways.
The Red Cross maintains 5 key service levels for those in need:
- Disaster Relief – The Red Cross provides shelter, food, health and mental health services to help families communities get back on their feet.
- Supporting America’s Military Families – The Red Cross helps military members, veterans and their families prepare for, cope with, and respond to the challenges of military service.
- Lifesaving Blood – Your donations of blood are what make the American Red Cross the largest single supplier of blood and blood products in the U.S.
- Health & Safety Services – The Red Cross is the nation’s leading provider of health and safety courses, such as CPR, First Aid and Lifeguard training.
- International Services – The American Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian network with 13 million volunteers in 187 countries.
Just in the 3 counties served in Northeast Oklahoma by the local offices, there are people that need the help of the Red Cross every single day. And that’s why the Red Cross needs your help every single day as well.
To find out more about the Eastern Oklahoma Chapter of the American Red Cross, visit their website at http://www.redcross.org/ok/tulsa or call Jim Sellers, the Community Relations Coordinator for Craig, Delaware & Ottawa Counties, at (918) 782-7882.
Go Back to learn more about other Grand Lake area organizations that serve the local community.