It happens. Rain, that is. And you can’t do anything about it.
Even if it’s on the weekend you’ve been waiting on for weeks to get to Grand Lake and have a big time with your friends and family.
Here’s a little secret though…you can still have a great Grand Lake weekend, even while dodging the drops.
So, how do you do it? How do you still have a great time at Grand Lake on a rainy weekend?
I’m glad you asked. Here are a few suggestions…
- Play games. No, not video games. Yes, old fashioned games. Card games, board games, dice games, make games up. Just play. It’s amazing how much fun you can have playing old fashioned games with friends and family on a rainy weekend.
- Go boating. Yeah, I said it. You might not be out on the water all day, but sometimes the absolute best time to go boating is right after the rain stops. Pay attention folks…it can be a perfect time to waterski, wake board and such – glassy water, baby!
- Go fishing. I LOVE fishing on a covered dock listening to the rain on the roof. It’s awesome. It’s the stuff memories are made of. And, heck, you might even catch dinner – people have been slaying the crappie at my neighbors dock the past few days…just sayin’.
- Go out and play in the rain. Swim in the rain. Sing in the rain. Young or old, it doesn’t matter. Run around and get wet and dirty. Make a slip and slide in the yard. When your done, just stand there in the rain, jump in the lake or hop in the shower and clean up. This will bring out the kid in everyone.
- Go shopping. Heck yeah. Antiques, groovy shops in Downtown Grove and much more can be found around Grand Lake. Get out and go explore.
- Eat & Drink. In moderation, of course.
- Sleep and read. Read and sleep. The order doesn’t matter….just do it.
- Watch movies. You know all those movies you’ve been meaning to watch? Nothing like a little binge movie watching on a rainy weekend.
- Last but not least…enjoy your company! Have real conversations with your friends and family. Sit on the dock or covered porch or inside and tell stories and reminisce. It’s relationships that make the world go around. Embrace yours.
Now that I look at it, that’s a pretty good list for any weekend at Grand Lake.
Whatever you do, don’t let a little rain keep you from Grand Lake Living!
Oh, and keep an eye out for rainbows.